Sploder is a game creator where students can explore how to make puzzles or games that others can play. They learn to code by using design by creating environments and levels using different features. This program gets the students really thinking about positions, placement and forward thinking about how the game could work.
Play on your computer or download it for free from the itunes store.
Get started with this youtube clip.
Australian Digital Technologies Curriculum
Years 3 and 4
- Define simple problems, and describe and follow a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve them (ACTDIP010)
- Implement simple digital solutions as visual programs involving branching (decisions) and user input (ACTDIP011)
- Plan, create and communicate ideas and information independently and with others, applying agreed ethical and social protocols (ACTDIP013)
Years 5 and 6
- Implement digital solutions as simple visual program involving branching, iteration (repetition) and user input (ACTDIP020)
- Design, modify and follow simple algorithms involving sequences of steps,branching, and iteration (repetition) (ACTDIP019)
- Plan, create and communicate ideas and information, including collaboratively online, applying agreed ethical, social and technical protocols (ACTDIP022)
Sequencing, variables, algorithm, conditional, reasoning, directions
Navigating, explanation, instructions, directions, cause and effect, story telling
Critical and Creative Thinking
Criteria, investigate, reason, visual models, thinking processes
Variables, patterns, test, trial, error, record, methods, cause and effect